EOS is a second generation blockchain platform that has gained a considerable amount of goodwill in the recent past. It is now listed as one of the five leading cryptocurrencies when assessed by market cap.
While its primary function is to create an ecosystem where the blockchain architecture is expandable by various applications, the native coin, EOS coin, which was first sold in middle 2017, has reached critical popularity. There is currently a total supply of 1 billion EOS coin.
Table of Contents
Which Wallets Currently Support EOS Tokens?
Altcoin.io (desktop) and Infinity (mobile) wallets are two examples of multi-currency wallets that support EOS tokens. If you are using either already for your BTC, ETH or LTC, you can continue using them to house your EOS coin. Alternatively, if you are looking for dedicated EOS wallets, the devs at SimpleEOS Wallet (desktop), Scatter Wallet (web client) and GreyMass (desktop) have released some fantastically functional options for you to choose from.
Before going through the step by step guide, here are some FAQs to help you in setting up:
Whether it is a desktop wallet, an app, or a hardware wallet – each one comes with pros and cons. Many crypto enthusiasts use different wallets for different purposes, with hardware wallets offering the most secure and therefore used for savings, whilst mobile wallets offer the most flexibility for fast and convenient transactions.
EOS wallet or multi-currency wallet – it is more convenient storing all of your cryptocurrency in one wallet. However, this makes that one wallet extremely vulnerable to attack.
Value-added features – many paid for wallet options include an exchange, decreasing the hassle of trading your favorite cryptocurrency. Google is your friend – NEVER use a wallet that has a sea of negative reviews or, even worse, no reviews.
Benefits and Features of the SimplEOS Wallet
There are a bunch of benefits that offer by SimplEOS wallet application. We represent you some of them beneath:
- Token transfers: you can transfer your tokens from one account to another one in the easiest way.
- Multiple account support: technical support is available for you and ready to help from multiple accounts.
- Transaction history: you can track the going of your transactions in the implemented transaction history in the app.
- Airdrop support: once your wallet is set up, you can see all your EOS airdrops and experience ongoing support for future airdrops.
- Create new accounts: you can create multiple accounts in your wallet and switch between them.
- Contact list: an example use case here could be adding the Binance EOS username to save time when making transfers.
- Stake/Unstake EOS tokens
- Local storage only: private keys are not stored online, but on your computer only.
- Voting portal: a big part of EOS and SimplEOS makes it very easy.
How to Get an EOS Wallet From Simple: a Step by Step Guide
Download the Simple EOS wallet software engineered for the operating system on your PC. Install the software using the downloaded setup file.
That’s it! You got it! The storing and transferring EOS tokens have never been easier than with SimplEOS wallet!
Don’t forget you can always buy and exchange your EOS to any other cryptocurrencies with Changelly!
Get EOS @ Changelly
We’ll keep you updated about the latest news, tips, and guides. Stay tuned!