Table of Contents
If you have ever made a transaction using Changelly, you know that each exchange goes through three steps. Under normal conditions, it takes no more than 30 minutes to be fully processed. If your transaction takes longer, this could be due to a variety of factors. To find out the reason for the delay, it is important to determine on which stage it happened. The screen with your transaction updates automatically in real-time. Alternatively, you can to your History page to find the transaction you have issues with and check its status.
Waiting for payment
If your transaction is stuck at the “Waiting for payment” stage, it means that we haven’t received money from you, so far.
Why did it happen?
- Blockchain overload. This is the most common reason for backlog. You’ve sent money to our wallet, and now your transaction is in the queue to be broadcasted or confirmed in the network. Just wait until your transaction shows up in the blockchain and gets at least two confirmations. As a rule, it’s enough for us to receive your coins. You can see the status of your transaction in a block explorer.
- Incorrect memo / Destination tag / Message. Your transaction will be stuck, if you send us XRP, XEM, Steem/Steem Dollars, Stellar or Decent to exchange without a corresponding Memo, Destination tag or Message. Please make sure that you specified it correctly before sending. Otherwise, you will have to contact us to have your transaction processed manually.
- You’ve sent your ABC coins to a different or non-ABC wallet. Changelly processes your transaction, once we receive your money to our wallet. This wallet should correspondent to the coin you are sending. Otherwise, your transaction will not be processed automatically, so you will have to contact us in order to retrieve the coins stuck this way.
- For example, if you send ETH to an ETC wallet, your transaction will not pass through, because these are two different coins.
- Please bear in mind that in certain cases we are unable to retrieve your coins:
- If you’ve sent LTC, DOGE or other altcoins to our Bitcoin wallet address starting with “3” or “M”.
- If you’ve sent coins to a wallet that is not related to Changelly in any way.
Always check twice wallet addresses you are sending your coins to!
If the Exchanging stage takes more time than expected, this might be due to several reasons.
- Market overload. In case you are buying crypto at the peak or significant uptick, there is a risk of exchange backlogs due to increased demand. In this case, your transaction may be stuck at Exchanging.
- Technical issues at trading partners. As you may know, Changelly works with large number of trading platforms. The robot selects the best rate and processes your transaction via one of them. On rare occasions, it may have technical issues and halt orders for some reason.
Both of these issues take time to resolve. If you suspect this is the case, you should report it to us, so that we can provide you with more detailed information on your matter.
Your transaction may be stuck at sending, if:
- Blockchain is overloaded. There are many transactions waiting to go through, including yours. This issue occurs on the Bitcoin, Bitcoin-based and Ethereum blockchains. Unfortunately, the only thing to do is to wait it out. Changelly has no control over a blockchain overload.
- You’ve provided an incorrect recipient’s address. If there is something wrong with your destination address, your transaction may be stuck at sending. In this case, you need to contact our support team, so that we will check your wallet address and change it, if needed.
The list of issues below may affect all the stages.
- Coin under maintenance. If we consider some coin doesn’t work properly on Changelly or it should be updated, we can halt all transactions related to that coin. Once the coin is back, your transaction is automatically processed at the best current rate.
- Server DDoS attacks or overloads. Such things may happen to any service. If our servers are backlogged or down, you should wait until the issue is fixed.
- Other technical reasons. If there is no overload, and the crypto you are exchanging doesn’t require supplementary information, there are likely to be some technical issues.
- Lack of liquidity. We have liquidity pools on trading platforms we are partnered with. In certain cases — especially when it comes to extremely large amounts to exchange — we need some time for re-balancing the liquidity. For this reason, your transaction may take extra time to be processed. You can contact us, so that we can tell you if this is the case, and provide you with all detailed information on your matter with ETA.
- You can wait until the matter is resolved or report it to us to learn more details on your payment.
What should I do?
Take a deep breath and relax. If your transaction is stuck due to technical issues, then we most likely already know about them and make every effort to make things work again. If you consider the delay is made by your fault, get assistance from our support ninjas at [email protected].
We’ll keep you updated about the latest news, tips, and guides.