The world’s most well-known stablecoin, Tether, is supported by the vast majority of platforms and is widely used for trading, especially in crypto-to-crypto exchanges like Changelly PRO. But what about storage?
This guide, created by Changelly, will help you select the most reliable and functional wallet to store USDT without worries.
How to Choose a Tether (USDT) Wallet?
The choice of a crypto wallet depends on a myriad of factors. There is no absolute leader – you should select a solution that meets your particular demands and needs. When in search of a USDT wallet, pay attention to such factors as the number of supported coins, safety features, available tools, and the type of storage.
There are three most popular types of wallets for USDT:
- Hardware wallet is the most reliable option. Why? Because the device (something similar to a flash drive with a button) stores a private key (password), so it will not be possible to access the wallet through the network. A hardware wallet costs money, but ~$100 isn’t that much for peace of mind, right?
- Cold (local) storage is not 100% reliable, but free. Cold storage can be installed on computers or mobile phones. The private key is stored on your computer (or flash drive), although it can also be stored in paper form (as a printout or QR code), which increases security but reduces the usability.
- Online (hot) storage is the least safe option because your private key is either stored on a third-party server in the network or can be transferred from your computer when connected to the wallet. In any case, the probability that crypto might be stolen increases significantly. Online Tether wallet is more convenient to use: it provides access to crypto from any device from anywhere in the world.
Without further ado, let’s review Tether coin wallets.
Ledger Nano X
The Ledger Nano X is the new hardware wallet that supports Bluetooth technology which enables secure transactions on the go with the help of a smartphone and the accompanying Ledger Live app. Thus, you can manage your USDT Tether wallet anywhere without the need to connect to a PC. The new device costs around $160.
Thanks to the Bluetooth connection, you can use this hardware wallet with an Android device (version 7.0 or higher) or an iOS device (version 9.0 or higher); no USB cable is required. As security is the most important aspect of the company’s policy, the Bluetooth feature does not expose the Ledger Nano X to any vulnerabilities: private keys never leave the secure chip, and the Bluetooth connection is encrypted to ensure your privacy. Even if the Bluetooth connection is compromised in some way, the attacker will still not be able to retrieve a private key or make a transaction.
Advantages of Ledger Nano X:
- A lot of cryptocurrencies available;
- The safest option for cold storage;
- No USB connection is required – you can manage USDT via the app.
If you want to create a USDT wallet for storage of Tether only, use their official wallet. The developers of Tether cryptocurrency initially planned to develop their own software so the investors could store their coins. That’s why Tether Wallet is the official software developed for storing USDT on Android and iOS applications. It’s main advantages are:
Tether wallet is the easiest and most convenient way to store USDT. Tether enables transfers in USD without specifying the bank account data, making the transactions anonymous and safe.
HitBTC is another platform for cryptocurrency trading. It was established in 2013. The project was created for crypto users from all over the world. It is a convenient service for professional traders and those who need an exchange to store and swap multiple cryptocurrencies. The interface is loaded with tools for advanced users, so it’s not likely to be comprehensible for beginners. Users are provided with two-factor authentication to secure their accounts.
The advantages of HitBTC:
- Supports many cryptocurrencies;
- It is possible to work without verification (without passing the identity check stage);
- High security.
Binance Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange started operating in 2017. A successful start allowed the project to gain a huge audience right away. Today, Binance is one of the most promising projects and a decent USDT wallet, as well. We recommend using this platform if you plan not only to store but also to trade Tether on a regular basis. Binance supports over ten languages and has all essential security features, including two-factor authentication.
The advantages of Binance:
- Huge liquidity;
- Low commissions;
- Optional verification;
- Innovative trading platform;
- Large selection of cryptocurrencies for storage.
Today, Coinomi works with more than 1770 blockchain assets, including some stablecoins. Until recently, only the Android version was available, but now Coinomi is available for iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, and Linux. Besides, among all the useful features of this application, there is a built-in Changelly currency conversion program that allows you to exchange currencies without using additional services. Coinomi supports several languages.
There is no fixed commission on Coinomi. Transaction fees are calculated dynamically, so you are free to select the best price ratio.
If you are currently interested in storing Tether, you can try to work with the above cryptocurrency wallets. For many beginners and even experienced users, such wallets are the most balanced, profitable, and convenient option.
The advantages of Coinomi:
- Present on all platforms;
- Flexible commissions;
- Advanced security features;
- Broad choice of supported tokens.
This wallet comes in two versions, mobile app and web – both user-friendly and straightforward. MyEtherWallet works with Ethereum-based coins is free to use and has an intuitive interface. It was launched in 2015, rapidly gaining popularity among Ethereum users.
The advantages of MyEtherWallet:
- Friendly interface;
- Hardware storage support;
- It allows cold storage.
Unlike most similar solutions, especially multi-currency ones, this wallet’s interface is so simple and clear that even crypto newbies can use it. Exodus wallet provides all necessary tools in one place and supports multiple cryptocurrencies (over 100 crypto assets), so there’s no need to use many wallets and store a huge database of private keys or seed-phrases for each of them.
Since it’s a desktop USDT wallet, Exodus stores private keys on a user’s computer only – this data is not stored on external servers. There are no deposit/withdrawal fees – Exodus only charges mining transactions (dynamic fee is applied). This wallet also has a mobile app version.
The advantages of Exodus:
- No registration is required;
- No identity verification;
- Private keys are stored on a user’s PC only;
- 24/7 customer support;
- It works with about 100 cryptocurrencies.
There are multiple ways to obtain Tether. One of the most convenient options is to buy USDT with your credit card (Visa, Mastercard), bank transfer, and Apple Pay on Changelly.
Before searching for USDT wallet, define your requirements and the type of storage you need. Once you decide how exactly you will use your Tether coins, pick one of the above-reviewed wallets, and enjoy ultimate safety and convenience of use.