Bitcoin mixer is a service designed for anonymization, with which you can prevent the tracking of your transactions in the bitcoin network.
It’s generally accepted that people use Bitcoin mixers for illegal purposes. However, it’s not true. They are often used by those who want to protect themselves or hide the fact of cryptocurrency ownership from attackers. Bitcoin mixer can give your transaction anonymity. By the way, Changelly provides anonymous transactions with cryptocurrency purchase or swap.
Table of Contents
Types of Crypto Tumblers
Bitcoin mixers are divided into two types:
- Centralized resources. These include the first generation of mixers. The client sends bitcoins, pays a commission, and coins from another user for the same amount arrive at the specified address. The more users and money in the system, the higher the level of anonymity.
- Peer-to-peer platforms. They allow you to exchange bitcoins without intermediaries, directly contacting other users. There are several protocols (CoinSwap, SharedCoin, CoinJoin) that would enable several clients to join together and create one standard transaction, which is carried out in stages, as the required number of participants is recruited. Users do not store the addresses of recipients or senders, and this is what the mixing server does.
Top 7 Bitcoin Mixers
All services charge a fee for their services. Its size depends both on the amount sent and on the number of mixes made (the more, the more reliable). Not a single particle of the resulting coin amount is associated with the original user. Here are the list of the most convenient BTC mixers to use in 2020.
BitMix Mixer is a fully automated cryptocurrency mixer focusing on maximum anonymity when working with Bitcoin. The minimal transaction sum to encrypt is 0.005 BTC or any amount in LTC.
- instant cleaning of information about visiting the site;
- does not store logs of operations or visits;
- an indicator of mixing quality;
- customizable low fees;
- to increase confidentiality, you can set a delay in execution;
- payments are protected by a guarantee.
Smartmixer does not store operation logs, and delete all information about them immediately after mixing is completed. A link that allows you to track the mixing process is deleted after 24 hours, but the user can manually delete it earlier.
- Users don’t need to create an account.
- A referral system allows you to receive 70% of the commissions of the invited.
- 24/7 support
- Simple interface – you just need to enter the destination address, select a commission, the duration of the delay, and send coins.
- The service is available through the Tor browser.
- Smart Cod. This is a unique hash that is generated during the first mixing. It guarantees that a person will never receive his own cryptocurrency, and also serves to participate in the loyalty program. The more mixes are carried out with this link, the more discounts on commissions.
Mixer commission is from 1% + network fees. Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin are supported. When mixing, you can add up to 8 different addresses to further increase the level of anonymity. For each address separately configured commission and delay.
BitcoinMix is a new project which provides excellent anonymity. It has the following features:
- does not store logs, can not provide them to anyone upon request, even to officials;
- stores information about incomplete transactions in order to help the user if necessary;
- instantly deletes information about completed transactions;
- does not maintain an email database;
- charges an arbitrary commission from each transaction in the amount of 2 to 5%, but you can set its size yourself;
- fully automated – a user is not involved in the process.
The service offers an affiliate program with a reward of up to 65% of referral commissions and instant payments.
SmartMix has the following features:
- Commission is 0.5% + 0.0001 BTC for the output address;
- fast transactions, but you can set artificial delay;
- You can increase anonymity by providing multiple addresses at once;
- no need to create an account and enter any data;
- logs are automatically deleted after 7 days.
CryptoMixer positions itself as the most adapted to the needs of the community and aims to gain the trust of a large number of users. CryptoMixer runs on mobile devices and provides an API for developers.
- unique mixing algorithms;
- no problems with mixing large amounts due to the available reserve of 2000 BTC;
- low commissions, discount system;
- round-the-clock technical support;
- the ability to configure the percentage of distribution of funds and delays in execution;
- affiliate program;
- replication of input and output bitcoin addresses.
- The “Get PGP proof” button allows you to make sure that every BTC wallet shown belongs to the mixer, and you can safely send your funds to it. This measure prevents phishing, wallet spoofing, and various errors.
- Each Bitcoin address is relevant for 24 hours. Clean coins are sent after one confirmation of miners.
- Sometimes you need to solve a captcha to send a transaction.
- A free API is available.
The minimum deposit is 0.01 BTC, and the maximum is 100 BTC. BitCloak commission is random for each operation, about 2%.
MixTum.io is a Bitcoin mixer launched in 2018, the feature of which is to use the Jambler.io platform. When mixing BTC, the service does not shuffle the free funds between its accounts but uses coins purchased on crypto exchanges. Thanks to the massive turnover of exchanges, transactions are guaranteed to be clean. Built-in algorithms check the purity of incoming coins.
- Money is mixed in one or more pools without the use of mixing codes.
- The service does not track order IDs and their attributes.
- The client cannot set the time frame for mixing.
- Unique parameters for each request. The mixer randomly sets the values of time delays (from 1 to 6 hours), selects intermediate wallets, determines the number of output transactions, sets a commission fee (from 4 to 5%), and selects in what percentage the funds will be returned to user-specified wallets.
BTC Mixers Pros and Cons
Not every mixer is 100% efficient. Traditional mixing mechanisms are subject to several problems. There is a 95% chance that your favorite mixer can be decrypted. The so-called clustering analysis helps.
Bitfury and Chainalysis have created unique algorithms that can identify addresses connected while showing reasonably high accuracy. This puts users in danger because these algorithms can not only identify any client but also demonstrate to everyone who uses the mixer for Bitcoin.
Another problem is the significant number of scam projects. Fraudsters are not afraid of anything, because the person whom they are cheating is unlikely to go to the police or the court, knowing that he violates the law. In terms of security, our service provides users with 2-FA and HTTPS-protocol. So the work of any service should be based only on trust.