A few words on Stellar
Stellar (XLM) is a fully decentralized compliance platform. It is designed to support any type of currency. It has a built-in decentralized exchange that can be used to trade any currencies or assets.
A decentralized network consists of peers that can operate independently of each other, which means that the Stellar network is not dependent on any object. The idea is to have as many independent servers as possible participating in the Stellar network, so that the network continues to function successfully, even if some servers fail.
Stellar features are the following:
- 3-5 second confirmation
- Supports thousands of transactions per second
- It can be used to send or exchange any currency, asset or token
- Open source
- Uses SCP, not Proof of Work
- Multilevel smart contracts
- Decentralized distributed database
- 1% annual inflation
Stellar (XLM) Wallets
Before you buy Stellar, you need to have a reliable crypto wallet. There is a wide scope of wallets available, including web, mobile, and desktop wallets.
- Trezor, Ledger Nano X and Nano S are recommended hardware wallets;
- Blockchain.info, BlockEQ, Lobstr, and Stargazer are the best mobile wallets;
- As a desktop wallet, you can choose BlockEQ, StellarTerm, and Stargazer.
- Also, Lobstr and Blockchain.into are available as a web-based solution.
On the official Stellar website, Keybase, Sollar Wallet, and Coinbase are recommended.
Buy XLM with a credit card instantly
Using a banking card, you can buy XLM directly: it’s sold on such platform as Cex.io. Alternatively, you can purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin and change it to XLM. XLM/USD pair is present on such platforms like Kraken, EXMO, HitBTC, Bitcoin.com, Exrates, and Binance US.
But if you need an instant purchase, you can buy Stellar (XLM) on Changelly. This is a fast and easy option.
Here’s how to do it:
- Sign up/log in at Changelly
- Go to this page
- Specify the amount of fiat/required XLM sum and press ‘Continue’
- Fill in the info about your card and finish the deal.
Buy Stellar’s Lumens on a crypto exchange
You can buy Stellar (XLM) on Changelly for crypto in a couple of clicks. Visit Changelly website, specify the amount of XLM you need, the cryptocurrency to pay with, and proceed with the payment process. Enter your XLM wallet address and the wallet of another cryptocurrency, specify details and personal information, pay, and you’re done.
Click on the links to:
Also, Stellar (XLM) is sold on a large number of cryptocurrency exchanges. You can buy it for BTC, ETH, and other altcoins. In some crypto exchange platforms, you can buy Stellar for fiat (USD, EUR).
How to buy XLM with PayPal
Currently, you cannot buy XLM using PayPal as most cryptocurrency exchanges do not accept PayPal payments. However, you can buy Bitcoin with PayPal on several exchanges and then exchange it to XLM cryptocurrency. Today, it’s possible to buy XLM with PayPal using the following platforms:
- Local Bitcoins charges 1% fee on every transaction which the seller has to pay.
- Wirex Card does not charge for inner transactions but requires a maintenance fee of $1.50 per month. But when you use Wirex Card to withdraw cryptocurrencies, a $3.50 fee is applied to each transaction.
- VirWOX PayPal fees are 0.35 EUR + 3.4% when it comes to depositing in addition to the conversion fees and withdrawal of your XLM.
- Paxful fee is 1% per trade (paid only by the seller). Withdrawal fees are fixed at 0.0005 BTC (or the equal sum in altcoins when you work with other cryptocurrencies).
All in all, using exchanges for buying XLM with PayPal is not convenient: you will have to pay a high commission for deposit and withdrawal of both fiat and cryptocurrency. If you won’t use those assets for trading, consider another option.
Is it safe to buy XLM with cash?
If you want to buy XLM with cash, you can do it on the platforms supporting P2P crypto transactions, for example:
P2P platforms eliminate the middlemen from transactions, so you will need to work with the seller/buyer directly. In order to buy XLM, you will need to place your order and wait for a seller to appear. Once a person accepts your offer, he will send you XRP after you send fiat currency. This is where a lot of fraud happens. While crypto operations are irreversible, fiat transfers can be canceled, so there’s a risk you can stay without your crypto.
Should you buy or sell XLM now?
In fact, the current XLM price $0.07 is at the low, which means it’s the perfect time to accumulate. If you are a long-term holder, Stellar Lumens might be a good investment. Yet, if you need an asset for active trading, consider another cryptocurrency – XLM price has been pretty steady lately.
So, does it make sense to buy XLM now? Definitely yes. The blockchain behind the coin has a lot of technological advantages, and its exceptional scalability, low fees, and fast transactions are hard to overestimate. The project and cryptocurrency are expected to be highly demanded, so the price of XLM is likely to grow and may even reach $0.10 in the near future.
To make an informed decision and buy/sell XLM, read our Stellar price prediction and check what the TradingView users think:
Disclaimer: This article should not be considered as offering trading recommendations. The cryptocurrency market suffers from high volatility and occasional arbitrary movements. Any investor should research multiple viewpoints and be familiar with all local regulations before committing to an investment.