The world’s most well-known stablecoin, Tether’s USDT is supported by the vast majority of platforms and is widely used for trading, especially crypto-to-crypto exchange. But what about storage? Let’s observe Top-7 Tether wallet solutions. This guide will help you select the most reliable and functional wallet to store USDT without worries.
How to choose a Tether wallet?
The choice of a crypto wallet depends on a myriad of factors. There is no absolute leader – you should select a solution that meets your particular demands and needs. When in search of a USDT Tether wallet, pay attention to such factors as the number of supported coins, safety features, available tools, and the type of storage.
There are three most popular types of wallets for USDT depending on the type of coin storage:
- Hardware wallet is the most reliable variant. Why? Because the device (something similar to a flash drive with a button) stores a private key (password), so it will not be possible to access the wallet through the network. A hardware wallet costs money, but ~$100 isn’t so much for the peace of mind, is it?
- Cold (local) storage is not 100% reliable, but free. Cold storage is supported by software for computers or mobile phones. The private key is stored on your computer (or flash drive), although it can also be stored in paper form (as a printout or QR code), which increases security but reduces the usability.
- Online (hot) storage – the least protected because your private key is either stored on a third-party server in the network or can be transferred from your computer when connected to the wallet. In any case, the probability that crypto might be stolen increases significantly. Online USDT Tether wallet is more convenient to use: it provides access to crypto from any device from anywhere in the world.
Without further ado, let’s observe Tether coin wallets.
Ledger Nano X
The Ledger Nano X is the new hardware wallet that supports Bluetooth technology which enables secure transactions on the go with the help of a smartphone and the accompanying Ledger Live app. Thus, you can manage your USDT Tether wallet anywhere without the need to connect to a PC. The new device costs $119.
Thanks to the Bluetooth connection, you can use your hardware wallet with your Android device (version 7.0 or higher) or iOS device (version 9.0 or higher) without having to connect a USB cable. Because security is the most important aspect of all company products, the Bluetooth feature does not expose the Ledger Nano X to any vulnerabilities: private keys never leave the secure chip and the Bluetooth connection is encrypted to ensure your privacy. Even if the Bluetooth connection is compromised in some way, the attacker will still not be able to retrieve the private keys or make the transaction.
Advantages of Ledger Nano X:
- A lot of cryptocurrencies available;
- The safest option for cold storage;
- No USB connection is required – you can manage USDT via the app.
If you want to create a USDT wallet for storage of Tether only, use their official wallet. The developers of Tether cryptocurrency initially planned to create their own software for investors to store their coins. That’s why Tether Wallet is the official software developed for storing USDT on Android and iOS applications. The main advantages are:
Tether Wallet is the easiest and most convenient way to store USDT tokens (again: specializes in storing these coins). However, sometimes there may be problems with registering new users.
Tether enables transfers in dollars without specifying the bank account data, which allows making transactions anonymous but safe.
Of course, having your own wallet sounds like a safer option. In some cases, however, it is much easier and more convenient to work with a crypto exchange. Here the user may not only store his coins but also make transactions, learn about exchange rates and decide how to manage his tokens better. Exmo is one of the largest digital coin exchanges. It is particularly popular in CIS countries and among Russian-speaking users. It is legally registered in the UK, and is also controlled by the national financial regulator, which raises the trust to the platform.
The advantages of Exmo:
- Very simple interface (any newcomer will find it easy to navigate);
- Several languages are supported;
- It supports the most popular cryptocurrencies (you can store not only USDT, but also BTC, LTC, ETH and so on);
- You can top up your account in fiat currency (USD, EUR, RUB, etc);
- Minimum commissions (0.2%).
This is another platform for cryptocurrency trading. HitBTC was established in 2013. The project is aimed at crypto users from all over the world. Who is recommended to work with HitBTC? It would rather be good for professional traders and those who need an exchange to store and swap multiple cryptocurrencies. The interface is loaded with tools for advanced users, so it’s not likely to be convenient for beginners. Luckily, HitBTC offers a demo version of its trading platform that will help you get used to it before you invest your own money. Users can use two-factor authentication to secure their accounts.
Advantages of HitBTC:
- Supports many cryptocurrencies;
- It is possible to work without verification (without passing the identity check stage);
- You can replenish/withdraw money in fiat currency;
- High security;
- Huge experience of developers in the cryptocurrency industry.
Binance Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange started operating in 2017. A successful start allowed the project to reach a huge audience right away. Today, Binance is one of the most promising projects and a decent USDT wallet, as well. We recommend using this platform if you plan not only to store but also trade Tether on a regular basis. Binance has all essential security features, including two-factor authentication. It supports over 10 languages but has pretty high commissions for withdrawal of USDT.
Advantages of Binance:
- Huge liquidity;
- Minimum commissions;
- Optional verification;
- Innovative trading platform;
- Large selection of cryptocurrencies for storage.
Today, Coinomi works with 125 cryptocurrencies and 382 tokens, including some stablecoins. Until recently, only the Android version was available, but now Coinomi is available for iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, and Linux. In addition, among all the useful features of this application, built-in currency conversion program Changelly, which allows you to exchange currencies without using additional services. Moreover, Coinomi supports several foreign languages.
There is no fixed commission on Coinomi. Transaction fees are calculated dynamically, so you are free to select the best price ratio.
If you are currently interested in storing Tether tokens, you can try to work with the above cryptocurrency wallets. For many beginners and even experienced users such wallets are the most optimal, profitable and convenient option.
Advantages of Coinomi:
- Supports all platforms;
- Flexible commissions;
- Advanced security features;
- Wide choice of supported tokens.
Unlike most similar solutions, in particular, multi-currency ones, the interface of this wallet is so simple and clear that even crypto newbies can use it. Exodus wallet provides all necessary tools in one place and supports multiple cryptocurrencies (about 100 tokens), so there’s no need to use many wallets and store a huge database of private keys or seed-phrases for each of them.
Since it’s a desktop USDT wallet, Exodus stores private keys on a user’s computer only – this data is not stored on external servers. There are no deposit/withdrawal fees – Exodus only charges mining transactions (dynamic fee is applied).
Advantages of Exodus:
- No registration is required;
- No personality verification;
- Private keys are stored on a user’s PC only;
- 24/7 customer support;
- About 100 cryptocurrencies are supported.
Before you create USDT wallet, define your requirements and the type of storage you need. Once you decide how exactly you will use your Tether coins, pick one of the above-reviewed wallets and enjoy ultimate safety and convenience of use. Hopefully, this guide will be helpful for you.