The popularity of Bitcoin as a digital currency has allowed a new economy to flourish parallel to the existing traditional money tied to centralized banks. Bitcoin transactions continue to gain popularity. This allowed for the creation of a new arena for gambling, gaming, and lotteries through online crypto-based casinos.
How do Bitcoin Casinos work?
Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency in the world. Some online casinos operate exclusively on bitcoins, while others offer Bitcoin as an additional alternative to traditional currency.
Casinos operate everywhere throughout the world, although they must comply with local laws. Thanks to Bitcoin transactions, these casinos offer many options for players who can spend their bitcoins on:
- casino games
- sports betting
- online lotteries
Software is the foundation of any online gambling project, and the same goes for Bitcoin casinos. Many popular Bitcoin casinos with a large user base are based on their own gaming software. Other sites buy or rent, and then later customize it and add unique features.
The software controls the game with minimal human intervention. When you need to recruit a certain number of players, the software acts as a dealer (who holds the game). Just like with any other digital business concept, it is not easy for Bitcoin casinos to convince players of the honesty of their activities. Most of these casinos try to earn trust by revealing the principles of operation of the program algorithms. Others manage to build a reputation through recommendations or unique content.
Best Online Casinos Accepting BTC
#1. BitStarz Casino
BitStarz was established in 2014. The casino contains more than 2300 games for fiat and 800 for cryptocurrencies. The platform has been awarded as the Best Casino of 2017. You can play all kinds of games such as jackpot slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat, wheel of fortune, dice, etc.
The working process of the casino is a bit clumsy, and not all games are available to play with a crypto bet. The casino is also available on mobile.
- Available cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Tether (USDT).
- Fiat currencies: EUR, USD, CAD, AUD, NOK, RUB, CNY, PLN.
- Languages: English, Swedish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese.
- Restricted countries: USA, UK, Spain, France, the Netherlands.
- Bonus: 2 BTC + 180 Free Spins
#2. FortuneJack Casino
FortuneJack casino was opened in 2014. They updated their website in 2018. The casino has more than 1800 games. In 2019, the casino launched a sports betting feature for soccer, tennis, football, hockey, boxing, etc.
FortuneJack has all the classics: jackpot slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat, table poker, wheel of fortune, etc. Another advantage they have is their great support system.
- Available cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, LTC, BCH, DOGE, DASH, XMR, ZEC
- Languages: English
- Bonus: 1.5 BTC + 250 Free Spins
#3. King Billy Casino
King Billy casino was established in 2017. The casino has a huge number of games, more than 3500 for fiat and 900+ for cryptocurrencies. There is also a mobile casino available.
The casino has an option of a VIP club which gives some benefits and bonuses. You can get into the club just by earning King’s Points. You get one point in slots games for betting $50. All points disappear after 3 months of inactivity.
King Billy features a lot of classic casino games such as jackpot, slots, table games, and bitcoin only games.
- Available cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, BCH, USDT.
- Fiat currencies: EUR, USD, AUD, NOK, CAD, RUB, ZAR, NZD.
- Languages: English, Russian, Finnish, Norwegian, German. Note: not very good translation quality.
- Restricted countries: UK, France, Spain, USA, Ukraine, Crimea, Israel, Estonia, Romania, the Netherlands, Dutch West Indies, Slovakia, Portugal, Curacao.
- Bonus: 1.5 BTC + 200 Free Spins
#4. mBit Casino
mBit casino was launched in 2014 and is regulated in Curacao. The gambling platform is very experienced and is still constantly improving. The casino lobby works extremely fast and is convenient. The casino has more than 2500 games which are also available for both iOS and Android.
The platform has a VIP program. Users can collect VLP (VIP Loyalty Points) in a wide range of games: slots, blackjack, live games, jackpot, table games, poker, roulette, lottery, etc.
- Available cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, LTC, BCH, DOGE, USDT.
- Fiat currencies: USD, EUR, AUD, CAD, RUB, JPY.
- Languages: English, German, Japanese, Portugese, Russian.
- Restricted countries: USA, UK, Spain, Israel, France, Netherlands. Bonuses are not available in Sweden.
- Bonus: 0.25 BTC + Free Spins
#5. Bitcoin Penguin Casino
Bitcoin Penguin casino was established in 2014. The platform offers more than 550 games. However, the bonuses are not very big. They offer all the usual casino games: slots, card games, poker, roulette, jackpot.
- Available cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, LTC, BCH, DOGE.
- Languages: English
- Restricted countries: No restrictions. The player is responsible to check their own countries restriction law.
#6. Oshi Casino
Oshi casino was founded in November 2016. The platform includes more than 2500 games. Several games have country restrictions. For example, only 417 games are available to play in the UK. Using VPN makes some games unavailable.
The casino has great deposit bonuses, however, they are only valid for 7 days.
- Available cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH
- Fiat currencies: EUR, USD, AUD, CAD, RUB, NOK, CNY.
- Languages: English
- Bonus: 1.25 BTC + 180 Free Spins
Bitcasino was established in 2014, and it is the first licensed crypto casino in the world. The platform offers more than 1400 games like slots, table games, blackjack, poker. The casino also has a mobile version. The graphic design of the casino is good and clear.
Bitcasino has a VIP program that contains special offers, rewards, VIP competitions, invitations to prestige events, etc. There are no free spins. The cryptocurrency selection is quite limited.
- Available cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, LTC
- Fiat currencies: JPY
- Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Turkish.
- Bonus: 100% up to 1 BTC.
DuckDice is a gambling service established in 2016. In February 2019, lottery and sniper were added to a dice game. The main advantage of the platform is the ability to withdraw funds to a credit card and QIWI.
DuckDice offers fast and simple gameplay. The service has an active community with its own forum.
- Available cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, LTC, DOGE, BCH, DASH, XMR, XRP, ETC, BTG, XLM.
- Language: English.
#9. Betcoin.ag Casino
Betcoin was founded in 2013. The service offers live games, slots, blackjack, roulette, video poker, etc. The casino has fast withdrawals within 15 min. A three-level VIP program gives users many bonuses.
- Available cryptocurrencies: BTC, BSV, ETH, LTC, DASH, BCH, XRP, ETC, XMR
- Deposit size: 1 BTC is equal to 1000 chips. Altcoins are counted compared to BTC.
- Bonus: 3 BTC + 10 Free Spins
#10. 7Bit Casino
7Bet casino was launched in 2014. The service has a sleek design and fast lobby. The casino also has a mobile version. There are a lot of games: slots, table games, video poker, blackjack, baccarat, etc. The casino has 24/7 support.
- Available cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, LTC, DOGE, BCH
- Restricted countries: USA, UK, Israel, Spain, Ukraine, France, Netherlands
- Languages: English, Russian, French, Swedish, Finnish, Italian, German, Norwegian.
Regardless of the type of currency used, traditional or digital, casino gambling has always been a subject of discussion from an ethical point of view. Add transaction complexity, and the activities of a Bitcoin casino become even more of a complicated topic. Although it is always very easy to lose your head when an opportunity arises for easy money, users should be aware of the legal aspects, difficulties, and risks.
Disclaimer: This article should not be considered as offering trading recommendations. The cryptocurrency market suffers from high volatility and occasional arbitrary movements. Furthermore, gambling can be restricted in your country. The information given in this article is for informational purposes only. This article is not, and should not be seen as an encouragement to gamble. Make all decisions at your own risk.