Changelly and MinerGate are democratic by design. We want to make the life easier for our clients and help them convert cryptocoins quickly even without being tech-savvy. As of today, if you possess the accounts on MinerGate and Changelly, linked to the same e-mail, you will be able to use invoices to make your exchanges.
Let me explain how it works. In this example, I am exchanging my mined BCN to BTC.
How to create an invoice
- Enter the sum that you want to exchange. Now you don’t need to think about the network fee and calculate it beforehand, the exact sum that you enter will be sent to Changelly.
- Enter the destination address. For example, I exchange to Bitcoins, so I enter my BTC address.
- Check all the details of your transaction to make sure you didn’t miss anything.
Press Confirm & Make Payment.
- At this stage, you will need to send the invoice to MinerGate. Press the button to create the invoice and send the information about your transaction to your MinerGate account.
- When you press the button, an invoice in created in your MinerGate dashboard. You need to proceed to your account to confirm it and forward the payment to Changelly. Click the link to be redirected to the Invoices tab in your dashboard.
- On MinerGate, you will need to confirm the invoice or decline it if you change your mind. Press Pay to confirm the transaction.
- *optional* I have a 2-step verification enabled for my account. The payment cannot be made without verification code generated in the Google Authenticator app. Learn how to enable it and protect your accounts on Changelly and MinerGate.
- When your coins are sent, the status will change to “Success”. Please note that the coins won’t reach Changelly immediately, the transaction will need to be approved by the network and added to the block first. This may take a couple of minutes.
- Here is my successful transaction! The coins arrived safely to my Bitcoin wallet. Easy and smooth.
A couple of tips
- Naturally, you can still use the address or the QR code to send the money. Just click “or get address and generate QR code” underneath the invoice screen.
- If you want to check if your transaction is in the block, just go to your Dashboard>Withdrawal history>info.
Enjoy our new feature! We hope to reach even more milestones with you and your support. Stay tuned and learn about the improvements we make in our blog and social networks.