NEO is a new promising cryptocurrency platform rebranded from Antshares. It is believed to be Chinese Ethereum by offering a cross-chain interoperability. Unlike Ethereum that runs only on Solidity, NEO is compatible with a range of programming languages, including Java and C-Sharp. Apart from that, NEO serves as a base for smart contracts and DApps (Decentralized Applications).
NEO has already gained prominence in China and now it’s available worldwide on Changelly.
Why is it so appealing?
NEO has skyrocketed to the top ten of coin market capitalization. Lots of media call NEO ‘The biggest crypto in the world’. The very reason of NEO’s prominence is that the platform uses totally different approach to blockchain by combining it with the traditional financial system. Unlike a regular cryptocurrency platform, NEO actually doesn’t have coins that fuel the network. It is rather acting like the company’s shares. To maintain the network, NEO uses fiat money and bases on the classic trading system. NEO’s community is convinced that their approach will transform all the financial procedures across the world by empowering them with smart contract technology.
NEO is an indivisible cryptocurrency. It means that you may trade any amount of NEO including decimal figures, but the amount to withdraw always should represent a whole number rounded down. For example, you want to buy NEO for Bitcoin on Changelly. According to your calculations, you should receive, say, 7.9 NEO. In fact, you will receive only 7, since it’s impossible to withdraw 7.9 NEO from traders. This peculiarity is important to know in order to prevent unfavorable exchange.
As you know, Changelly charges 0.5% fee of the exchanged amount. However, due to the coin’s indivisibility and rounded down figures, Changelly doesn’t take any commission fee for transactions with NEO. However, it’s important to mention that the rate still remains volatile, and the final rate may differ. The more you put off exchanging, the higher the risk to get another amount. We recommend to exchange a coin for NEO once a transaction is created.
Knowing about NEO’s features, you can foresee the best moment to buy it.
1. First off, pay attention to a coin’s amount gap worth for 1 NEO. Depending on a coin you want to exchange, the gap can be both large and small. At the time of writing this post, the Bitcoin gap for 1 NEO is from 0.0069 BTC to 0.014 BTC. It means that you will get 1 NEO for both these BTC figures. You can see the gap right on Changelly’s home page. Once you figure it out, you can opt for the most profitable value.
2. Buy it right away. Don’t postpone a transaction created. The market is unpredictable, so if postponed, the final rate may surprise you.
3. Buy NEO when the market is calm. High volatility period should be avoided if you want to take advantage from the exchange.
How to exchange NEO
1. So you’re on the homepage. Choose the amount of BTC you wanna exchange. Beneath you see the estimated NEO rate. Press ‘Exchange!’
2. Check the information. Change it, if needed, and proceed to the next step.
3. Specify your NEO wallet where you want your funds to be sent to. If you still don’t have one, learn how to choose the best.
4. Check attentively all information you’ve entered. Note that the amount in field ‘You get’ is estimated which means it remains volatile while the exchange process. Confirm and make payment only in case you agree with it.
5. Send your coins to the address below in one transaction. To do it, copy the address or scan the QR-code with your wallet app. Also please take into account, that you have 24 hours to send your funds, otherwise the transaction will be cancelled automatically.
6. Go to your BTC wallet and paste the address into the corresponding field.
7. Almost done! Wait until the transaction is finished.
8. Here you go! The transaction is completed, and now you can check your NEO wallet. Note that although the transaction is finished, in some cases your wallet needs for additional confirmations to display your received funds. All you should to is to wait until your finds are displayed.
Clear and easy. As always. Exchange Bitcoin (BTC) to Neo (NEO) on Changelly now!
Usually, transactions take 5-30 minutes. It depends on blockchain confirmations. If you have some troubles with exchange process, let us know at [email protected]
We’ll keep you updated about the latest news, tips, and guides.